ASTGD AutoResponder Tutorial
It is very easy to start using ASTGD AutoResponder. Here goes the step by step guide to start using ASTGD AutoResponder. If you did not download ASTGD AutoResponder then download and install the software right now from here : www.astgd.com
- Start ASTGD AutoResponder. Now you need to add your email account that you need to check for incoming mails. To do that press New Account from the toolbar.
- New Account window will open. Now enter the email ID you want to check in Email ID to Check field. Press Load Built In Settings button and choose built in configuration settings for your email ID. For example if your email ID is email@example.com then choose Load Gmail Settings. All necessary settings will be automatically filled. Enter your account password in the Password field.
- Enter how frequently you want to check for incoming mails in Check Frequency window. If you want to check for incoming mails in every 1 minute then enter 60 seconds.
- Press Add this account and the account will be added. Finally press close to close this window.
- Now we will set our reply message. To do that press Manage Replies from the toolbar.
- Manage Reply Message window will open. There are 2 types of reply. Reply Message and Follow Up Message. When a person send mail to us the first reply message will be delivered. Follow up message will be automatically delivered after given time span. Let us add a reply message and a follow up reply message.
- Press Add Reply to add a new reply message.
- Add New Reply window will appear. Here enter Rule Name, Select Reply Type and enter your Reply Message body just like below image.
- Press Add Reply and this reply message will be added. Now let us add 1 follow up reply. Press Add Reply again from the toolbar.
- Add New Reply window will appear. Enter a rule name and this time select Follow up Reply from Reply Type. Enter a value in Wait time box. Enter your reply body and you are done. If you enter 5 in Wait Time then this message will be delivered automatically after 5 minutes from the first reply. This is a vital option for craigslist worker.
- Finally press Add Reply so this follow up reply will be added in Follow Up Reply Message List. Press Save and Close to close the Reply Message window.
- Now we need to add SMTP server for automated replies. We can use any type of SMTP server. Here I will show how to use free SMTP server from yahoo and gmail. Press Manage SMTP from the toolbar.
- SMTP List window will open. Here we can manage all our new and existing SMTP server. Press Add SMTP to add a new SMTP server.
- New SMTP window will open. Here we will add 2 gmail account as free SMTP server. So press Load Built In Settings. Then choose Load Gmail Settings as we are using gmail SMTP server. Now enter full gmail ID and password in the username and password field respectively. We can mention how many emails this account will send. Here for example we enter 100. It means after sending 100 mails the second SMTP server in the list will be used.
- Now press Send A Test Mail to test our SMTP server. If it can send a mail successfully then our configuration is correctly set. Finally press Add SMTP button. The SMTP details will be added to the SMTP List window.
- Now press Add SMTP again from the toolbar to add the 2nd SMTP server. Follow the same steps as you did for 1st SMTP. Finally you can see 2 SMTP added in your list. Press Save And Close.
- Now we are ready to go! Press Start Task. Now the software will check for incoming mails every 1 minute and whenever there is a mail it will send a reply message randomly selected from our predefined 2 reply messages using our predefined SMTP servers.